How to fix “AdBlock no longer working on YouTube”
AdBlock is an ad blocking and content filtering browser used for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari (desktop and mobile), Opera and Microsoft Edge web browsers. AdBlock prevents the display of advertisements. Preroll ads, Banner, Ad-clips also blocked by this extension.
Why should you use AdBlock?
You definitely want to know in detail that why will you use AdBlock? Here I am going to give you a list of reasons why AdBlock is so popular and helpful.
- AdBlock blocks ads, banner, pop-ups and ads from external sites.
- According to some users, other adblock extensions are not able to block preroll ads but AdBlock can block both preroll and midroll ads.
- AdBlock also removes annotations from music and videos.
- It makes YouTube website faster.
Nowadays, people face a problem that AdBlock is not working properly with YouTube. But don’t worry! If you are facing this problem then I will give you some solutions that may reduce your problem quickly.
How do you find solutions?
Now, surely a question arises on your mind that how do you fix AdBlock no longer working on YouTube? There are the solutions to get rid of this problem.
1. Log out from your Google account:
The Google account you need for your YouTube browsing, collects your browsing experience and display advertisements based upon that data. Logging out and logging in back to your Google account while browsing YouTube may help you. You can do it by as follows:
- You have to open the homepage of YouTube in your browser by clicking on the logo of YouTube on any YouTube video.
- On the right section of the navigation bar click the arrow beside your account name and then click on Sign Out from the options to sign out from YouTube.
- Now you can see a sign in option at the top right corner of the browser window when you again visit the YouTube and you have to sign in by entering credentials of your account. Thus, you log in back again.
If this method is not helpful to you then move to the next solution.
2. Disabling and Re-enabling the AdBlock:
According to AdBlock users, the main problem with AdBlock while using YouTube is that they get long, unskippable ads (able to skip after one and half minute) but the users who don’t use AdBlock are able to skip ads after 5 seconds only. This problem can be reduced by disabling and re-enabling the AdBlock extension in your browser.
- Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and type or simply copy and paste the given link in the address bar of the browser’s window. chrome://extensions/
- A window is open and you can locate AdBlock extension in this window. You have to uncheck the checkbox to disable AdBlock.
- Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, copy and paste the following link in the address bar of Mozilla.
- Navigate to the Appearance Panel and you can able to locate AdBlock extension. Using Disable button disable it and restart your browser if required.
- Microsoft Edge:
- To open the dropdown menu, open the browser and go to the top right part of the browser to click on the horizontal dots.
- Navigate to the Extensions and find out the AdBlock extension and disable it as a solution of this problem.
- Click on the Safari menu after opening your Safari browser and then click on the Preferences.
- Extension tab should display all the installed extensions to your browser.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to the ‘Enable AdBlock Extension’. But one thing you should have to remember that don’t uninstall it.
Now, you can see that you are able to skip the ads on YouTube as other users. After sometimes, re-enable the AdBlock extension by following these same steps.
3. Update the latest version of your AdBlock extension:
AdBlock developers release a new version of almost all browsers to fix this biggest problem. As soon as developers release it you can install this latest version automatically.
But if you are unable to install the new version, then you can uninstall it first and then install it again. Hopefully, your problem is resolved, if not go for the next solution.
4. Manually update filter lists:
- In the browser toolbar click on the AdBlock button which is usually located at the top-right corner of the window. But its location may vary for different browsers. The wise thing to do is to keep the logo in your mind. Then click on Options.
- Search for the filter lists tab at the left navigation menu and should click on update now.
- Wait a while for updating all the lists and after completion of this process restart your computer.
5. Don’t whitelist the YouTube channel:
Ensure that you didn’t tell AdBlock not to run on YouTube and didn’t whitelist the channel you are watching.
6. Pause AdBlock extension and reload the page:
If you are not able to skip midroll ads of YouTube when the AdBlock is on then this procedure may help you. When any ad blocker is detected by Google, they may be trying to discourage the ad blockers by disabling the skip button. But according to some people, you can return back the skip button if you pause AdBlock and then reload the page. Only one thing you have to keep in your mind that, unpause AdBlock when it is done.
After following these methods, you will surely get rid of this annoying problem.
All I can hope that you liked my article. In this article I have given details about everything so that you can understand everything better. Then why are you waiting? Fix the problem of AdBlock extension for YouTube. You should have to remember the steps of the solutions to prevent the problem. If you don’t follow the steps properly then this will not helpful to you. Enjoy the beautiful videos without the tension of unskippable ads.