Realtek HD Audio Manager is widely used audio software which provides various features for the users and many sound effects. You also get an accurate equalizer to tweak the sounds of your computer according to your needs. But despite its many features, some users face problems. One of the most occurring problem is Realtek HD Audio Manager not recognizing the headphones.
Therefore these are some of the ways which you can use to fix the problem.
- Check whether your headphones are enabled
Sometimes it may happen that your headphones are enabled and you are trying to connect them to your laptop or pc. These are the steps to enable your headphones.
- On the bottom right corner of your screen, right on the sound option.
- In the menu go to the ‘playback’ Tab.
- If there is nothing displayed in the list, then right click on the screen and check ‘Show disabled devices’. Now your headphones must be shown on the screen.
- Right click on your headphones and click Enable.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Check whether the problem is solved or not. Try other methods if problem still persists.
- Update Realtek HD Audio manager’s drivers
Just like any other software or driver installed on your computer, Realtek HD Audio Manager needs to be updated regularly. It may happen that your drivers become corrupted or old then you start facing problems like headphones nto detected etc. To update the drivers of the Realtek HD Audio Manager folow these steps.
- Press “Windows Key+R” and from the list select ‘Device Manager’.
- Click on the ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ and select ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’.
- Right click on it select ‘Update Drivers’.
- In this select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’, this will download all the latest drivers on your computer from the internet. This can solve your headphones not detected problem.
- Disable audio enhancements in Sounds Settings
Windows 10 has an inbuilt option of enhancing your sound output which is called Audio Enhancements. This option is quite useful but it may cause some errors with the already installed drivers on your computer. You can disable this audio enhancement feature and check whether this solves your problem.
- Open sound settings in Windows 10 on your computer.
- In the ‘Playback’ Tab, go to Realtek Audio and right click on it open Properties.
- Go to the ‘Enhancements’ tab and choose ‘Disable all sound effects’.
- Change Format of Audio Output in Windows 10
Windows 10 provides different audio format supports. It supports different bitrate audio and frequency ranges for audio outputs. If you are using an audio format which is not supported by your computer’s CPU then Realtek will not be able to recognize your headphones. To change the output format simply follow these steps:
- From the bottom right side of your screen right click on the sound icon open ‘Sounds’.
- Right click on the Realtek Audio and click on ‘Properties’.
- Go to the advanced tab and from the drop-down menu select audio formats and choose the one which works for you.
So, these are some of the ways which you can try to fix the “headphones not detected” problem and if you know any other solutions then feel free to share them with us.