Fix battery icon missing : windows 10
Battery icon in laptop is the small icon in the right corner of your taskbar which shows you the percentage of your battery and also how much time is remaining for your battery to get fully drained. After this latest windows 10 update some of the users are complaining that the battery icon is missing from their taskbar. So here are some of the ways that can help you to fix the battery icon if you are also facing similar kind of problem.
ENABLING IT FROM TASKBAR SETTINGS
Sometimes it may happen that your battery icon is not showing because it may be disabled in the taskbar settings. You can enable this by following steps.
- Go to “settings” in your computer from the windows menu.
- Go to “Personalization” and click on it.
- Click “Taskbar” option under this menu.
- In this click the “Turn system icons on or off” option.
- In the given list enable the “Power” option.
Now the battery icon must be shown in the taskbar. If still you are facing the same problem then try the next way.
UPDATE BATTERY DRIVERS
- Press the Windows key+X together and select “Device Manager” from the list.
- Expand the “Batteries” option and you will get 2 options :- “Microsoft AC Adapter” and “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”
- Right click on the both the options and select “Update driver”.
- Right click on the Microsoft AC Adapter and click on “Disable”.
- Right click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Battery and select “Disable”.
- Right click on Microsoft AC Adapter and click on “Enable”.
Now your battery icon should appear on the taskbar, if it is not showing then restart your computer.
RESTART THE WINDOWS EXPLORER
If you restart the windows explorer it may refresh all your icons on the desktop and it may fix your battery icon issue.
Go to “Task Manager”, goto “Process” tab, in the list right click on Windows Explorer and select “Restart”.
UPDATE DRIVER OF MOTHERBOARD
Updating or fixing the chipset or drivers can fix the battery icon missing issue. This can be easily done using a free software called “Driver talent” which can detect the incompatible chipset driver and will automatically download and install it.
Download it and follow these steps to update the drivers.
- Scan Computer: Open the software and scan your computer by clicking the “Scan” button and it will scan all outdated, corrupted,broken chipset drivers.
- Update Chipset Drivers
Click the “Repair” button to fix the broken, corrupted chipsets and it will automatically download and install the chipset drivers. There is an additional feature in which you can click “update button and it will keep your chipsets up to date.
- Reboot your computer and now the battery icon must be shown on the taskbar.
CHECK FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE
If the battery icon is still not showing in the taskbar after trying all these methods then maybe your Windows is not updated to the latest version. Updating it to the latest version will fix many bugs and enhance the performance.
- Go to settings from the windows menu.
- Go to “Update and Security”.
- Click on “Windows Update” and select “Check for updates”.
So these are some ways in which you can fix the battery icon not showing in your taskbar. I hope this helps you to fix the issues.